Talk to one of our friendly and knowledgeable reservation staff
Bend, Oregon 97709
All rights reserved
Our River Rafting Trips Include Camping Equipment, Gourmet Meals & much more...
An Ouzel Outfitters River Trip in Oregon and Idaho is designed to take care of all the details; providing all specialized equipment and including services that other companies offer at "an additional charge." "Fully Outfitted" means that we include all your personal camping gear, extra equipment, like paddle jackets and pants in case of rain or cold weather, transportation services and useful gifts. We are also very happy to help with pre- and post-trip arrangements and additional activities.
- Full Days on the River: We begin early on the first day and return late in the afternoon on the last day. A full day on the river includes 4 to 5 hours on the water with additional time spent stopping for lunch, taking short hikes, swimming or visiting points of interest.
- All Rafting and Safety Equipment: We provide quality rafts and related equipment, dry bags and boxes, personal floatation devices (PFD's), kitchen equipment, chairs, dining tables, firepans and toilet equipment, river library and games. Our camps are fully stocked with ammenities and well organized. Our equipment is first-rate and well maintained.
- Highly Experienced, Licensed Guides: Trained in the art of river running, all guides are appropriately licensed and certified, have a minimum medical certification of Wilderness First Aid, and undergo yearly river rescue training, risk managment, interpretive and customer service training. Few companies put as many resources into training than Ouzel Outfitters. Click HERE to meet some of our guides.
- Rafts: Depending on the river trip, we offer stable oar-rafts (sit and enjoy the ride), paddle rafts (join the camaraderie of a paddle crew) and fun inflatable kayaks (challenge the rapids on your own). You are never assigned to a single boat and it is common for our guests to switch from boat to boat throughout the day or during the trip. Check out our raft types.
- Meals: We include the best meals, starting with lunch on the first day through lunch on the last day. Hors d'oeuvres are served nightly and followed by delicious dinners and tasty desserts. Dinner and breakfast are served on full-sized banquet tables so you won't have to balance a plate on your lap. Perishable foods are purchased the evening before your trip to insure freshness, and veggies, meats and dairy items are packed separately in iced coolers. Every meal is balanced and there is always plenty to eat. We can accommodate different diets and food restrictions, and enjoy making special plans for anniversaries, birthdays or any special occasion. Let us know if we need to bring candles! Click to see our Sample Rafting Menu.
- Beverages: Coffee (ours is the best on the river), tea and hot chocolate are available each morning and in the evenings. Fruit juices are served with breakfast and fine wines are served with dinner. Ice water is available at all times, with lemonade and iced tea available at lunch and in camp. For those who wish to bring personal beverages such as beer, sodas and spirits, we provide iced coolers to keep them cold.
- Camping Gear: We provide top-quality tents that sleep two, and larger family-sized tents that are available on request. Our sleeping bags are cozy and professionally laundered prior to each trip. Sleeping pads are 1-1/2 inch thick "paco pads" -- the choice of river guides and river professionals everywhere. For luxury and charter trips we also provide cots, pillows, additional bedding, large tents, personal amenities kits, headlamps and tent lamps.
- Transportation: We always provide transportation back to your vehicle or have your vehicle shuttled to our take-out location. With some outfitters, such as the Deschutes and John Day, you will find that having your vehicle shuttled not only costs extra, but is necessary. Ouzel makes sure that these details are taken care of and that they are included in your trip price.
- Gifts: As a way of saying "thanks!" we offer each overnight guest a complimentary Ouzel t-shirt as a memento for the trip. We also provide each guest a quality water bottle with our famous Ouzel logo. The water bottle is an important item for staying hydrated during your trip and reduces the amount of trash that's produced by paper cups and bottled water containers.
- Other Amenities: Where required, we provide top-of-the-line portable toilets that offer privacy and are designed to be stable and comfortable. We do not use "bucket" or "ammo can" style toilets that can be unstable and unpleasant to use. On all overnight trips we also include a library of books and information about the river and surrounding area, which is always available in camp. Furthermore, depending on the river and type of campsites available, we try to include a variety of games and activities such as horseshoes, bocce and volleyball.
What is not Included:
- Transportation to and from your home to the meeting location.
- Lodging or meals prior to or following your river trip.
- Sodas, beer and spirits.
- Any additional items of a personal nature not specifically included above or listed on the packing list you receive after making your reservation.
- Fishing licenses and equipment.